Monday, November 5, 2012

Missing Jimmy...

I still religiously watch every Sunday night episode of "Boardwalk Empire", but became to realize, that I miss something,  SOMEONE - I miss Jimmy Darmody. It's not the same without him.
Yes, I still enjoy the show and Nucky is Nucky. Right now it's interesting to watch what develops between him and his brother, who also,  like Jimmy, had betrayed Nucky. But he - is flesh and blood, who's really trying to mend the family tights and maybe (it's only MY "maybe") - Nucky feels just teeny bit remorseful for killing own protege...

















But Jimmy definitely had it coming...It's started at the moment when he tells Nucky: “You can’t be half a gangster anymore.” Still, I was hoping for some miracle. Of course, Nucky wouldn't forgive, but to be honest - I was shocked and pissed off after he fires the gun into Jimmy's face...
It's just that Jimmy's character was so complicated. I loved quietness about him, his slow and low voice, always seemed like he was preoccupied with something...Emotionally damaged and drained, he fully knows what he’s walking into at the end. He’s not armed. He says goodbye to his son. He basically gives Richard Harrow permission to not come with him. He knows he needs to be punished.
I wonder - if he expected that the shooter will be Nucky himself? I certainly didn't...
Now, maybe because Richard was the closest to Jimmy, I take a better look at Harrow...
Yes, he's creepy, but there's something beautiful about him... And the way he knocked down Monya - was very impressive!















Lower photo - actor Jack Huston (Richard)

No comments: